Thank you for your interest in being a WPA Science Bowl Volunteer!
- Moderator – Reads the question to the teams. Must be able to speak clearly, know the rules and control the competitions. Calls on student who buzzed in.
- Question Judge – Ensures the questions are being read correctly and provide scientific support to the moderator. Maybe ask to call on the students who buzzed in by the moderator.
- Timekeeper — Controls a timer used during the competitions.
- Scorekeeper — Keeps track of the team scores by adding up points.
- Rules Judge – Ensures the rules are followed by competitors, coaches, parents and other volunteers.
- Score Runner – Delivers the score card to the event coordinator, among other tasks. A runner can be a high school or middle school student who is looking to earn credit for an extracurricular activity.
- Other Help – helps with refreshments, lunch, set up or tear down.
If you are interested in volunteering or have questions about volunteering, please email Mario.Rybacki@netl.doe.gov
Competition Dates & Location
High School Science Bowl: Saturday, February 24, 2024
Middle School Science Bowl: Saturday, March 2, 2024
The 2024 Western Pennsylvania Regional School Science Bowl will be an in-person event. The competition will be at Community College of Allegheny County – South Campus, 1750 Clairton Road, Building B, West Mifflin, PA 15122